Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ravinia '10 lineup swings from strings to Sting :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Music

Ravinia '10 lineup swings from strings to Sting :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Music

How do I love Ravinia? Let me count the ways... No, okay, I won't, really, but the season announcement made me so incredibly happy. First the weather is getting nicer every day (yesterday people were walking around without coats!!! That's such a Chicago thing though, it gets in the 40s and we're all like WOOHOO! HEAT WAVE, baby! And break out the shorts and bbqs.) Can summer be far behind???

I'm breaking out my jelly rings and glitter lanterns and will get tickets for Renee Fleming's Four Last Songs (because nothing says classy opera recital like jelly rings!), the Sondheim Gala concert, possibly for the return of Arrival from Sweden, Carrie Underwood and naturally, Patti in Annie Get Your Gun.

Can I just say one thing about how wonderfully treated I've been as a first time donor at Ravinia? Seriously. I got a letter telling me that the season announcement would be sent in March and as a donor I could buy advance tickets (!). Then I got another letter telling me, really really, I should expect to see the season announcement on March 8, and could I verify my address, because if I wasn't going to be at that address, they would send the packet wherever I wanted it to go. They'd overnight it to me, even. I received my packet and am poised and ready to commit commerce.

So people get ready: there's a party on the lawn, y'all, and everyone's invited. I'll bring the (delicious) parmesan french fries and the jelly rings.

No comments: