Wednesday, March 17, 2010

a love-hate relationship

So, Idol fans, the top 12 sang last night. It was not the top 12 I would have picked (LILLY!!! but since I didn't vote, I suppose I can't grumble too much) and as much as I threaten to stop watching, I keep going back week after week after week. It's soothing, you know, lounging around w/a box of thin mints, watching these guys warble away at - wait for it - Rolling Stones songs. If they are the most "iconic band on the planet" (really??) why don't I know more of their songs??? Most of the time I was like oh, okay. I didn't know that was a Stones song, etc. I recognized a handful of them. But not all of them, and in fact, I had no idea what Tim Urban's song "Under my thumb" gone reggae was actually supposed to sound like. Randy was all like "Yoyoyo, what did you do to that song, dawg?" and Simon even said that Rolling Stones fans would be turning their tvs off at that point (but really? are real Stones fans likely to even be watching American Idol anyway??) and I was like oh, does it not really go like that? I thought it was okay. Kind of boring, but okay.

Actually that about sums up the whole show last night and this season as a whole: kind of boring but okay. Hypnotic, actually. But the show was on for two hours last night and it just dragged on. I don't think any of them have real star power so it will be interesting to see who wins.

And I hope that my faves, Crystal and Siobhan stick around.

My bottom 2 predictions: Paige and Lacey

++Update: Look who was right about the bottom 2! I shoulda had money on that one... although I would have picked Paige to get booted, as I don't get her AT ALL. And I think it was mean to have poor Lacey sing like there was any chance of the judges using the save on her. There's no way they would have used it this week, on either of those two.

No comments: