Thursday, March 04, 2010

maybe next time...

A few nights ago, I had a very long, strange and detailed dream. I was with some work friends and we were going through some kind of teambuilding ropes course. It involved a lot of running up and down stairs and vaulting over railings etc. At one point, I had to leave my trusty backpack behind. At another point, me and a few of my colleagues ditched the course all together and went shopping. There was a store selling $25 disposable digital cameras (I told you it was vivid!) and suddenly we were on the Las Vegas strip. After a little bit of wandering around in the desert, and going to a water park, we decide to head back. I realized my backpack was missing and went running around to find it. Finally found it - my wallet etc was all still inside, but the two text books that had also been in there were missing. Off to see if someone had turned them in - and while I was walking, I ran into a handsome, charming man of my acquaintance (he used to be my boss, in fact) who gave me a hug in greeting then told me, rather earnestly, that I should really think about highlighting my hair.

And then I woke up.

Fast forward to yesterday, on my evening walk to the train from the office. I decided to skulk by the Cadillac Palace Theater (like you do... what? It was on the way!) and as I walked down Wells Street, a guy veered into my path. I stepped one direction, he mirrored me, not letting me pass. What the -?? Then, he reached out and grabbed my arm - terror! But it was, in fact, the aforementioned handsome charming man of my acquaintance! I totally did not recognize him and he scared the pudding out of me! He did give me a greeting hug, but did not get around to mentioning my hair... this is the second time that he has popped up in a dream one night and then actually appeared - POOF! the very next day. Like magic. I have never been able to do anything else like that from dreams... too much Tylenol PM?

And, I just had a brainwave - maybe I can dream about a big bag of money and then - POOF! Like magic, the money will appear?

No comments: