Tuesday, April 15, 2008

pack ratishness...

So I got one of those binders from Playbill.com to house my (admittedly modest) collection of playbills. I never, ever throw anything away, ever, so I had playbills from the first show I ever saw (Cats, at the Chicago Theater) continuing on through the years (Teri Hatcher in Cabaret! Aida's pre-Broadway run!). I have them from New York, from shows I have seen and ones I haven't (the Patti collection). I saved all the stuff I got when I was in London - oversized playbills from She Loves Me and Don't Dress for Dinner (interestingly, I also saved random maps and ads from the London trip and discovered an ad for Sunset Boulevard - Patti was already out of the show by that time, and Betty Buckley had taken over the role. I can't decide if that makes it better - on one hand, I didn't miss out on seeing Patti - or worse - I DID miss out on seeing Betty!).

But I appear to have a few mysteries on my hands:
1. I found two Cats playbills. One from that first performance I remember in like 1991 at the Chicago Theater, and then another one from 2002 at the Shubert Theater. But here's the thing: I don't remember seeing it more than once. Not even a little bit.

2. I know I saw Rent multiple times (I had a phase... saw it many times for rush tickets in college.) but I can't find ANY of those playbills. Not one. Considering the fact that I have junk from 1991 and also from London, I find it very hard to believe that I would have gotten rid of them. Especially since I think one of them was signed by a few members of the touring cast at that time...

3. My Spamalot bill has also gone missing. Hmmm.

No comments: