Saturday, April 26, 2008

playing dress up...

Eeeek! The Gala is coming up in a matter of weeks! What to wear, what to wear? My problem in my search for the perfect evening dress, suitable for a totally glam black tie event, is that it's also (ugh) prom season. While I am pawing through the racks of dresses, so is a bunch of the student population of Niles Township. Most of these dresses are bright, candy colors in the "yikes my retinas" shades popular with Carnival cruise lines, and either cut so ridiculously low in the front that you look like Skokie's good time girl, or they are adorned with a ridiculous amount of glitter or, worse, they look like they've been bedazzled.

Here's the thing - I want the vibe to be elegant and sophisticated, not, you know, streetwalker. Also? Many of the women at this event will have ACTUAL bling, so the bedazzled embellishments? Will look cheap next to the real thing.

Today though, I found it!

I have to get it shortened though, because it appears to have been made for a giantess.

3 comments:

lovegoose said...

Wow -- tricky color to pull off. Good luck!

BroadwayBaby said...

Thanks (I think?) Still trying to figure out a way to get it altered a little bit, so it might not be ready in time for the gala.... We'll see...

Sarah B. Roberts said...

Well, not to point out the obvious, but most dry cleaners do alterations. So, will we see a makeover of contacts and makeup to go with the beautiful dress? I know it will be a fun evening.