Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Sleeping Beauty


Tonight: American Ballet Theater performs The Sleeping Beauty at the Civic Opera House. It will be a night of interesting "firsts" for me: my first time seeing ABT (they're usually in New York), my first time seeing The Sleeping Beauty, my first time seeing dance of any kind in the opera house, and my first time sitting within the first 15 rows of the orchestra (because sometimes life on 13 has its perks...)

On a semi-related note, my Yahoo horoscope for today said: "Life is considerably more interesting than it was just yesterday and you can tell that you're entering a new phase of activity. Socializing is good fun and you should meet someone sparkly!"

I am intrigued by the "you should meet someone sparkly" bit. I mean, "sparkly"? I am not sure if this means to tell me that I will meet someone with dazzling wit and charm, or if I will somehow end up backstage around some of the dancers in glitter and sequins...

No comments: