Friday, March 06, 2009

idol chatter....

Oh, American Idol. Just when I thought I was out, you pulled me back in. I watched some of the auditions (like you do, you know) and then (gasp!) I watched Hollywood week. The drama! I kept wondering things like "what's that bat-shit crazy Tatiana going to do next? Laugh like a lunatic? Cry?" and "what's that nathaniel kid WEARING tonight and what's with the headbands, boy?" and "if i hear 'i hope you dance' one more time..." It's good stuff, I am telling you. New judge, new attitude, and we don't get to hear Paula blithering on about nothing all the time. Once again, I am becoming fluent in Randy-speak, dawg.

And yesterday? The wild card round? Pure entertainment and they had a surprise for us - 13 finalists instead of 12! Did you see that one coming? Maybe one week we will have a *shocking* double elimination too? Who knows? I am all sucked in and why fight it? I tried, in the past to stop watching, when the show's shlockiness (is that even a word?) just became irritating, but I ended up following what happened online anyway. I knew all about Sanjaya's hair even though I'd never heard him sing a note.

AND Top Model started this week, too. Tyra's getting a little too over the top for me this season (give that woman a talk show and she's becoming all preachy and taking up issues and causes. do troubled kids and teens really look to models to be their role models?) but I think I will stick with it for a while, anyway. I don't have any favorites yet, but I do have nicknames for almost all of the girls already...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

poor Tatiana, but it was inevitable that she would be cut anyway; I just hope there aren't any more "wildcards"