Thursday, March 26, 2009

my head hurts...

And it's not even 8:30... See if any of you good people can 'splain any of these mysteries to me:

1. Who watched Idol last night? I tuned in for the second (better) half. But can anyone tell me why, after they showed the clip of Danny talking to Smokey Robinson, and the Smoke telling the dude that his interpretation of "Get Ready" would be greatly enriched by singing "You're all right!" and "You're outta sight!" They practiced it together. Danny seemed to think it would be great. Who would doubt Smokey? But on the show, after they went through all that, he very deliberately did not sing those lines during his performance, but the backup singers did. What gives, Gokey?

2. In what world does it make sense to cast Sean Penn as one of the 3 Stooges?? Or Benicio del Toro for that matter. Aren't the Stooges supposed to be funny?? I don't see Sean Penn doing funny. But maybe he will surprise people. Not actually me, because I don't really like the Stooges anyway, and you won't be able to pay me money to sit through a Farrelly brothers movie pretty much ever.

No comments: