Sunday, March 15, 2009

still doing my part for the economy...

Look, people, you gotta meet me halfway here, I'm doing all this work for the economy on my own... where's your consumer confidence? I am afraid that my problem here is severalfold. When I am not feeling well, I go comfort shopping. Worried? Sick? Anxious? All can be cured by the power of retail therapy. It's a lot less fattening than comfort food... even though I will occasionally buy comfort food. And we're budgeting this week, so what better way to feel better than to buy something pretty? Also, when I am bored, I shop. Just for something to do. It's kind of fun to go to Old Orchard on a nice day and wander around... And then, our desperate friends at the Anchor Stores of life decide to do stuff like the Carson's Goodwill Sale. 20% off coupons for as many articles of old clothing that you can carry. I went there yesterday and got some stuff with my coupons. There is still a pair of sandals in my mind that I am desperately trying to convince myself that I don't need. But, oh, they were so pretty.

My other problem? I am very, very, very suggestible. And my new In Style showed up this week. It's the color issue, and now I'm looking in the closet thinking "Why do you have so much BLACK?" Then there was an article about beauty products, and it mentioned a particular color (Mademoiselle by Essie) and I happen to own that color and I went and put it on my nails. I had to change my polish anyway, and it is a really nice, basic color...

In Style also featured the most gorgeous London Fog coat. I think I need to explain here that I have a thing for coats - jackets, blazers, sweaters. They can be businesswear or outerwear or whatever, I just love them. And I really love trench coats. They are so polished and classic, and I have been looking for the perfect one for ages. I just got done ordering it online... But hey, I was also constructive this week - I did some cleaning in my closet too, and I found some stuff that I had forgotten about (don't you love when that happens? It's like Christmas.) and some coats that I don't remember buying at all, that I know were mine but i have no recollection of wearing. Plus, they are HUGE on me. Have I shrunken??

No comments: