Wednesday, March 11, 2009

the king of pop...

Last night on Idol: Michael Jackson night, baby! I am not actually a huge fan of Mr. Jackson's music, it is, as Randy (the lost Jackson brother) might say "aiiight," but it's not my cup of tea, dawg. Anyway. My favorites from last night were Allison and Adam. I was all set to cheer for Megan but then she sang Rockin' Robin (and I wasn't paying enough attention to understand how/why that is appropriate to the category. Anyone? Wanna enlighten me?)

Ryan Seacrest coyly alluded to some kind of rule shift that will change the way the results shows are done. Simon said that it included the judges, and I started wondering if they were going to do a Dancing with the Stars style result - the audience vote combined with a final "vote" from the judges. Can you imagine Simon with a little numbered paddle? He'd probably be beating Paula with it. And I bet nobody would care about that. She is so strange sometimes, honestly. It makes more sense to let the judges have a final say anyway - some of them have a stake in whoever wins, and they don't want to produce any (more) dud records. And it might also help avoid the repeat of a Taylor Hicks situation. And I did hear that there would be (gasp!) a double elimination tonight! Did I not call that??

My predictions? Dull as dishwater Jasmine and Anoop-dawg.

UPDATE: Well, I was half right - Jasmine and Jorge were sent packing last night, leaving Anoop (dawg) to sing another day. The new "twist" for the show is now the judges are allowed to "save" a contestant who is given their walking papers by the audience. They all have to agree, and if they save someone one week, the following week, 2 get eliminated. Hmmmm. Interesting. They opted not to save either one last night, probably going to save their saves until later on...

In ANTM news, there was much crying over cut hair during the makeovers, a fake cover girl wall mart wall (are there really no Wallmarts in NYC?) telenovela Jessica was sent home, after not bringing enough "fierce" to her photos. As the poor thing was packing her bags, she sniffed "I've never been told I was anything less than pretty" Oh, yeah, sucks to be you, all right.

No comments: