Friday, April 17, 2009

friday!

Oh, thank GOD it is Friday! This week has been a whirl of wind, and next week will be even more nuts, because it is our Spring Gala. Which I love, and which will be lots of fun, but it will be bonkers. So if you don't hear from me, you will know why.

Not a lot to say today, unfortunately except...

1.) I got Ravinia tickets yesterday! As soon as I got to the office, I dropped my stuff and jumped online. And there was already a virtual "line" to purchase tickets, which begs the question - who ELSE was up and buying tickets at 8:00 am? Whatever. I got tickets for Patti, of course, and for the Abba dance spectacular on June 30. The rest I am holding off on for now, because I am also getting tickets to...

2.) A Chorus Line - which I have never seen and would like to see very much. I have to get over to the box office at some point and get some tickets but ohmigod, the Discover bill will be ridiculous this month (again). Thank god I will be getting...

3.) A big fat tax refund! Come soon, ok?

4.) Can I vent for a second about American Idol? Really, Simon, really? Using the save on Matt? After you told him that he had no chance of winning the competition? Really?? What were you thinking, saving someone who sang Have You Really Ever Loved a Woman. BLECH. What a creepy song. It should have been Lill who got booted off because NO ONE does that sort of shit to a great song like "The Rose." There is a fine line between artistic interpretation and totally butchering a song, okay? I hope next week Lill AND Matt get voted off. As Simon pointed out two people will get the ax - and it's Disco week! Yesss! Unfortunately, I will be here, as in work, so will have to record it. Lill might be able to redeem herself if she rocks out to some Donna Summer. Or maybe "I will survive" is that considered disco? And someone will have to bust out some beegees. Oy, I HATE the beegees, but this comes from working at AUP and having to listen to them all.the.time.

5.) Speaking of tv, what is going on with House? First they kill off Kutner (Kal Penn is going to work at the White House! So I don't blame him for leaving the show, but still... what a stunt.) and this week we are expected to care about Chase and Cameron? Out of nowhere? When we haven't even seen them for the past 2 seasons? Their engagement was supposed to be our happy ending, I suppose, to make up for Kutner. No way. And now House is seeing dead people, in the form of Amber AKA Cut throat bitch? Weird.... what's happening???

No comments: