Thursday, April 30, 2009

think about it...

America, I'm putting you on notice. The things that you do and the decisions you make have broader impact on society than you may think. Lots of things hang in the balance here and you must remember to be thoughtful and deliberate. Of course I'm talking about American Idol last night. You got it right, voting public, by ousting Wasted Save - whoops, I mean, Matt, but ADAM was in the bottom two??? Say WHAT??? I mean, on the one hand there's Matt - who can't sing - was I the only one listening during Stayin' Alive last week? and then on the other hand, there's the lovely Adam, who's got artistry, presence and Star Quality. As Paula said, he dares to walk in the footsteps of greatness or whatever it was she said. I had no idea what he sang on Tuesday, I'd never heard it before, but he sang it well. He's in a whole other class than the rest of them. THAT, my friends, is why the save would be useful - when America truly gets it wrong and the best one gets booted off. May I remind you about Jennifer Hudson? Chris Daughtry? and I think there was one more (there always is!). Kara told Matt they made the right choice in saving him, but I really don't think so. Why save someone who, in the words of Cowell "Has no chance in winning the competition" Oh, but yeah, we're saving you!

So anyway, I would have stopped watching in protest had Adam gotten voted off, much like I did for Daughtry. But he's safe and so is Allison and next week it's time for rock 'n' roll!

No comments: