Monday, April 20, 2009

things that made me happy this weekend...

So. To quote my grandmother when she said grace one easter "here we are again." It's Monday & it's raining & people turn into such morons when stuff is falling from the sky. It was a good weekend though, and here's why:

1.) Got my hair done for the Big Event on Friday. At least it will look somewhat decent, although I never know what to do with it for the actual event, I will either try and get a blowout at lunchtime or just throw it up (which sounds gross. but you know what I mean, I hope).

2.) Also got my eyebrows done. It hurt like...something that hurts A LOT, but they look fantastic and we must suffer for beauty, yes?

3.) My friend Janey is engaged and asked me to be a bridesmaid! I've never been one before!

4.) Went out with Heidi & Amy - shopping first and then dinner.

5.) I am in love with my new Smashbox foundation and am still sort of in awe at those products that they used on Heidi that came out clear and then turned into blush on her cheeks and gloss on her lips. Like (FISH) magic! I am a sucker for packaging though, and bought some sort of eye kit from Benefit.

6.) I am also in love with Forever 21 and their dirt cheap accessories.

7.) Ditto my gorgeous new bag from Nine West (it's blue!)

8.) Dinner & grown up conversation with Heidi, Amy & Beth. You can take the girls out of Baker's Square, but you can't take Baker's Square out of the girls... Also, cruising the parking lot (just like the old days) laughing and then crying and then laughing again, all in the course of a few hours.

9.) Oh, and some kickass wedding plans. We're gonna rock this wedding, baby!

10.) Sundaysundaysunday... had no motivation to do anything, not even look down Golf Rd. for President Clinton's motorcade, so I took a nap. Sometimes it is all you need.

Which brings y'all up to speed, I think. Another busy week coming up for me, there is much on my mind grapes (oh Tracy Jordan, you make me smile) and you may not hear a lot from me until after the gala on Friday...

Don't forget, Chicagoans - Thursday is officially Talk Like Shakespeare Day, according to da Mare, and isn't THAT something you'd like to see?

No comments: