Monday, June 07, 2010

Puckin' A (or, I suppose, Puckin', eh?)

I'm sorry, but it's going to be pretty Hawk-centric around here until the Stanley cup finals are over (ONE. MORE. GAME!). It's weird, I know, since I am not (usually) a crazy sports fan, but I've now become obsessed with this game and our team. It's kind of like Jane come March Madness time. I sat in front of the tv yesterday, watching the game. When we were at the rehearsal dinner on Friday night, the game was on, and I was keeping an eye on it while I was eating (love you, Jane!).

I knew it was pretty bad though when my dad said yesterday that he was going to watch a movie on tv (I think it was 'Entrapment'). I just stared at him, askance. "But the GAME is on," I said. I've even gone to Wrigleyville Sports in Macy's to gear up. I went back there today, and the guy greeted me like an old friend. Oh, dear.

But whatever, right? It's so nice to have something to cheer about in Chicago, even though I still think it's nutty that they're playing ice hockey in June. Like, it's a zillion degrees outside and hockey seems like such a winter sport to me. Anyway. It seems like everyone in the city is pretty excited. I took a walk bright and early this morning, to bring y'all the following:


The fountain in Daley Plaza has gone red in support of the Hawks!

The Picasso is also a big fan...

As are the Art Institute Lions...

No comments: