Thursday, June 10, 2010

here come the hawks, the mighty blackhawks....


Well, how awesome was THAT?? What a great time, I was on the edge of my seat throughout the game. Honestly. It must be so hard to be a commentator for hockey, it is so fast-paced, half the time I didn't even know where the heck the puck was. Sometimes like in football, the commentators go off into lala land and they're not even talking about the game, but in hockey, something is happening every minute. Wow. Just wow. I got SO into it, I was yelling at the tv, making up rude nicknames for the Flyers players and saying things like "Penalty box for you, bitches!" etc. Where does it come from? I don't know. I thought I was going to pass out from the anxiety and then it went into overtime, and I sat with my hands clasped. I probably have bald spots from where I was tearing my hair out.

I am only sorry that they didn't win while they were at home, so that we could give them the proper celebration when it happened. On the other hand, I am not sure I could have sat through another game like that, with all the suspense. The parade and rally is tomorrow and I conveniently have the day off, and I am going to try and go. In the meantime, celebrate, Chicago!! Wheeee!




















No comments: