Thursday, June 03, 2010

two really weird dreams...

I guess I have been sleeping really soundly these past few nights, because I've been having some CRAZY vivid dreams. So bizarre that I have to share them with you.

The other night I had a dream that I'd gotten off my train from work and started looking for my car, a red honda crv. I looked around for it and found it... with two people sitting inside. The people were two girls that I'd gone to junior high and high school with and I haven't seen either of them for years (except on facebook). We had a discussion - they were sure it was their car but I pointed out that my key had worked, so therefore it was probably MY car. I agreed to help them look for their car (another red crv) and they started driving around. I told the driver that since it was my car, I felt more comfortable driving and all, so we pulled over so we could switch, and the car started spinning around, all by itself. Weird. As it was spinning around, I noticed that the places were from Washington State and that there were Greece stickers and stuff on the back (the girls in the dream were Greek. They are Greek in real life, too.). Uh oh. Not my car. They drove off, and I was stuck looking for my car. I called my mom, who told me it must have gotten stolen and she called the police. The police sent Miss Jay Alexander (from America's Next Top Model!) as their representative (!) and I don't remember much else, except that Miss Jay was advising me to take the insurance money and get a new car. Then I woke up, quietly freaked out that my car had been stolen - it was that vivid of a dream - and I was all like "you don't even HAVE a red crv!!!" I drive a silver honda civic. But my friend Heidi drives a red crv, and her car was not stolen, but totally stopped working when we got home from Wisconsin on Sunday. I talked to her yesterday - it needed a new battery, but red crvs were apparently on my mind...

And then, last night, I had a Blackhawks-related dream. I don't usually have sports dreams, for obvious reasons, but I guess I was anxious about the game last night. We don't have cable and they didn't broadcast the game on NBC, so I didn't get to watch it. I had a dream where the goalie, Antti Niemi, was hanging around outside the goal, looking sort of out of it. For some reason I was able to talk to him and I was all like, "Dude, what's up? Get back in the goal, because they're coming for you!" and then, woosh, the puck flew in and the other team scored. Apparently, he had missed out on having his favorite pre-game meal (some kind of elaborate dream-pasta that he usually got right near the stadium. It was very detailed. I don't remember a word of it, though.) and so was off his game. Then suddenly, I was somewhere else and I asked my mom (still in the dream) if they had won the game, and she said no. So I woke up, totally convinced that they had lost the game, and sure enough, they lost last night. Maybe somebody better get Mr. Niemi his pre-game pasta for Friday's game...

I haven't had any really good dreams like this for a while, I don't know what's causing them, but if I have any others, I will keep you posted...

No comments: