Monday, June 14, 2010

rainy days & mondays...

So the weekend didn't turn out to be as crazy as originally projected (except for Friday, which was MORE crazy than I could ever have even dreamed. In a good way). Because it was raining and cold on Saturday, we didn't make it to the Botanic Garden. And there was a bit of a hiccup on the David Sedaris front as well. I had thought that the tickets were for Sunday, had written in my calendar that it was Sunday, had mom convinced that it was Sunday, would have sworn under oath that those tickets were for Sunday. Late Saturday afternoon, it occured to me to get the tickets out and make sure all was in order. Opened the envelope, looked inside...

Yeah. Tickets were for Saturday, that very day, at 3:00. It was, at that point, almost 4:30.

So, yeah. I am a moron, and we should always check the tickets, is the moral of that story. But no David Sedaris. Boo.
Went to Superdawg with Heidi instead, and then we planned our TRIP TO NYC at the end of June (WOOOOO!!!!). It will be awesome - I need a vacation, Heidi's never been to NYC, and yeah. Pretty much awesome.

Was late for the Tony watching - I came in about half an hour after it started. I wasn't very attached, since I hadn't seen anything (except for the Addams Family, which was pretty much shut out of all the major categories. I think it is weird about Kevin Chamberlain getting the featured actor nod over, say Nathan Lane, since I thought you could cut out all the Fester stuff easily...). I mean, I do follow the shows and stuff like that, but I wasn't invested in anything. It looked like a bunch of duds this year, if I am honest. None of the musicals really appealed to me (although, full disclosure here, we did get tickets for American Idiot. I'm curious). And the performances were underwhelming. Is Catherine Zeta-Jones always so god awful??? Or is it just because she lost her voice?? Anyone?

And don't get me wrong here, you all know I love me some Glee, but Matthew Morrison and Lea Michele were essentially pointless filler. Hunktastic filler, in Matthew's case, but really?? That could have been left out completely so that, oh, I don't know, some of the winners could actually make speeches? All the major categories are always left to the end, when they are hurrying to wrap up the show. So they get to say two words or something like "SHUT UP! It's been 29 years!" which is hardly fair to them.

Anyway. Happy Monday - and don't forget your umbrella (ella ella).

No comments: