Sunday, June 06, 2010

wuv, twue wuv!!

Jane's wedding was yesterday!! We were up VERY early so that hair could be done (and mimosas could be had...) The only hiccup was the weather. They were predicting a monsoon style wind and rain scenario - not good, considering the reception was to be a picnic and therefore outdoors. We had to move it all inside the church. But it was all very very beautiful, and most beautiful was lovely Jane, the bride.

I have known Jane since high school, although the funny thing is, I don't remember when we actually met. Freshman year sometime??? My earliest memory of our friendship was sophomore English class, Jane and me and a bunch of our friends were all in the same class (I don't think that ever happened that way again...) and we teamed up on a kickass final project. I think we really became friends after that, and I remember a great sleepover at Jane's house with everybody (especially our extra-fun pictionary game. Anybody??) and I remember our AP European history class that we had together with Mr. Schwarz... "the trench game" and our class successfully avoiding WWI (we had been split up into countries, and I believe Jane and I were France - the point of the exercise was to see how futile negotiation was and the inevitability of WWI, but instead we all struck up deals with each other and... no war. Hooray!), and working on our final project in Jane's basement... on prom night.

So, so many memories of spending time with Heidi and Jane, my two best friends in the universe - concerts and trips (rock boat!!! wis dells and the sauna phones!), just hanging around, hitting things with spoons (like you do), stealing cheese graters (just the once), shopping (hee!), watching top model and the occasional basketball game (usually in March...) and lots of other stuff. For the shower, I created several scrapbook pages using pictures I had, and let me tell you, there were lots of great ones to choose from. And I know there will be millions more.

And now, Jane is a married lady. I am so happy for you, my friend. The ceremony was beautiful, and the reception was lots of fun. Someone told me once - "It takes a willage." Long story, this one, but the quote comes from someone with a very very heavy accent. I am happy and proud to be in Jane and Brian's collective "willage" (whether you like it or not!!!) . Congratulations!!** May you both truly live happily ever after (if not I will get the Big Bad Wolf, aka Pacey to come and blow your disco Florida Room down!!)


** Someone told me recently that it is not proper to say "Congratulations" to a bride - that it is more correct to say "Best Wishes." I have never ever heard that and think that she is nuts. But is this a thing?? Seriously??



No comments: