Friday, May 08, 2009

i should be so lucky...

So as you can see from my widget - Kylie Minogue's on tour! She's coming to Chicago! I have been fascinated with Kylie since she appeared on The Vicar of Dibley as the object of Hugo Horton's affections ("the beautious midget" as Dawn French's Vicar Geraldine Granger called her. How much do I love Dawn French? Very much, is the answer you seek.) and of course, I love that crazy "I just can't get you out of my head" video and of course the locomotion of her early days and holy cow, this is her first ever North American tour! Too bad she's not at the United Center or some such, maybe they didn't know if she could fill it? Instead, she's someplace called the Congress Theater - they have a website and all, so I suppose that means it is real, even though I have never heard of it before. But the pre-sale tickets have apparently all pre-sold, so there will be no Kylie show for me, at least not yet.

We'll see, I guess...

2 comments:

Emily said...

The Congress Theater is a great venue for concerts, from what I recall :) I'm sure you'll like it, if you can get tickets!

BroadwayBaby said...

Thanks! It seems I may not have the opportunity to find out - tickets appear to be gone already!!