Monday, May 11, 2009

this weekend...

I was pretty much at the theater all weekend for the final group of performances of the Spring Program. I actually don't mind at all - because as one of the best job perks ever, I get to go and watch the show whenever I want to... So I'm in the lobby at our table trying to get people to give us donations, but then I also get to sneak in and watch the dance. And that makes it all worth it, especially during a program like this where I loved all of the pieces (mostly). I mean, really? I could sit and watch Carousel (A Dance) over & over & over again. I even took my mom to the last show on Sunday as a Mother's Day present. But whew! I just kind of need an extra day of weekend now, though...


When I wasn't watching the show, I was reading Jennifer Lancaster's new book:
Which naturally I bought the day it came out, at Border's across the street. Jen is totally awesome and I loved the book. I technically grew up in the 80s, but wasn't at an age where I was dressing/shopping for myself and therefore I missed out on pretty much all the fashion trends of which she speaks. I was not in a sorority either, and there were whole chapters of this book that I didn't really understand but whatever. She's funny, not fake at all, very honest about who she is and what has led her to where she is now. Plus, she loves cupcakes. So it was a brilliant way to pass my time between shows on Saturday...

No comments: