Tuesday, May 12, 2009

this 'n that

I took a bit of a mental health day today - slept in until 8:00, hung around, did laundry, some dishes, some cleaning... went with my mom to the doctor (thus giving my ulcer something else to gnaw on. Happily, I believe all will be well..All my fingers and toes are crossed here for you, doll.) watched American Idol.

It dawned on me that 8 years ago today, I graduated from college. 8 years. A lot has happened in those 8 years, you know? But it all seems like yesterday that Cara and I were trooping down 18 flights of stairs when some moron in Mertz burnt popcorn or drank too much at Hamilton's and set off the fire alarm. Or that I was taking the shuttle to the now defucnt Mallinkrodt campus for my education classes, because 8 years ago I thought I'd grow up to be a high school history teacher. Or that I was working out for whole hours at Halas, Cara and I did the side by side stairmaster thing and we'd listen to music or do homework reading... Anyway, so yeah. I feel old today.

In other news, it's down to bottom 3 onIdol tonight. My pick for the top two - moving onto the action and cheese packed finale - Adam and Kris. Gokey was the weakest link this week - back to Wisconsin for you, Danny boy. Adam and Kris rocked it the hardest this week - Kris did a Kanye song - AWESOME. But what the hell was up with the judges??

No comments: